Friday 3 April 2015

Hiatus ahoy! Bonkers is off 'on tour' - to Germany - again

The bass player's view at Monarch, Berlin
I am afraid that between a rush work job (gratefully received!) and a few days visiting friends in The Cotswolds, I don't seem to have had time to write a blog post of any substance in the last week, and now I am about to go 'on tour' in the morning! Yes, it's that time of year again, and I am off on another harum-scarum itinerary around Germany with The Monochrome Set. There is a twist this time, however, in that I am meeting up with not one but two perfumistas on the way round - Anka in Berlin and Val the Cookie Queen of APJ in Augsburg. Both are attending one of the gigs, in a fabulous colliding of my special interest worlds. More on those meet ups in the inevitable travel posts that will follow the trip.

I must apologise in advance for the fact that I will have limited Internet access for the next ten days, which will doubtless also mean that I shan't manage to keep up as much as I'd like with reading and commenting on my favourite blogs.

Oh, and I am flying Germanwings to Dusseldorf, no less, but I have faith. Trusting the crew of a plane is the only reasonable response to such an aberrant tragedy. That said, I sense that I will only start to feel properly 'on holiday' when I have landed...

Here is the complete German tour itinerary, in case any readers who are also fans - or simply curious ;) - might be tempted to come along to a gig. The reviews of the latest album, Spaces Everywhere, have been little short of stellar, including 8/10 from that blast from the past, the NME. And here is a typical example (in German!) from the Berliner Zeitung.

Source: Tapete Records
PS Wishing everyone a Happy Easter, whatever you are up to!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Have a wonderful time, Vanessa!!! xox

Vanessa said...

Thanks so much, Carol! Xx

Tara said...

Have a wonderful time on tour and lots of fun with Val and Anka!



Vanessa said...

Cheers, Tara! I certainly will...:)

Ingeborg said...

Have fun! I love the travel posts, so will be looking forward to those.

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Ingeborg! I haven't even left the airport yet and there has already been the odd incident. Travel posts will definitely be forthcoming! ;)

Thinkingmagpie said...

Have a great time, Vanessa! By the way, I love your new photo. ;)

Undina said...

I am curious and very tempted but it's a very long flight :)

Enjoy your trip (and a limited Internet - some consider it to be a benefit, as I heard ;) ).

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Yuki! It's going well so far. Glad you like the photo. ;)

Vanessa said...

Hi Undina,

It would be the icing on the cake to see you over here but I realise that the logistics are a bit complicated!

And you are so right about the Internet... I am still checking in now and again but I feel as though I am on a slightly different planet, being on the road constantly like this. In a good way, mind.

Thinkingmagpie said...

Hi Vanessa! Here I am again. :) Just a message to let you know that I've nominated your blog for a Real Neat Blog Award. :) You can read about the award here http://theperfumemagpie.com/2015/04/07/real-neat-blog-award-surprise-surprise/
This is just a little shout out to say I love your blog!

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Yuki - that's very kind of you. Will take a look at the link when I get a chance - still away at the moment.