Monday 4 December 2017

Hired, tired, and working up to the wire! Please excuse the Bonkers hiatus...

Well, after eight months in which I only managed to find work for two weeks(!), proverbial bus-style two big projects with short time frames have come along at once, and of course I have agreed to both. ;)

I was telling a friend who does Airbnb about how I may well have bitten off more than I can chew: "It's a bit like you having a guest in every bedroom - including your own - plus one on the sofa, one in the bath, and one on the bench in the garden."

Then because of the hours I am now keeping I can't give any thought to perfume at the moment, even though I have all sorts of posts in the pipeline. I am not even wearing the stuff on anything like a regular basis, such is the degree of my preoccupation with the tasks in hand. And my presence on Facebook is skeleton at best, which is highly unusual for me, as any FB friends will confirm!

So I will be back, but for the moment please bear with me for the ongoing hiatus. And for saying 'bear with me', for that matter.

Truffle is not too impressed either at the minimal interaction I have had with her lately, and has taken to staging dramatic stunts, such as this one with the radio flex outside my office door, which I am pretending I haven't noticed.


10 comments:

Undina said...

Been there, done that, will be there again.

Good luck with both of your projects and come back when you can: we'll be somewhere around - unless see above ;)

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Undina! I know extreme busyness is your normal state, and I am impressed you manage to post as often as you do at such times. The last deadline on my jobs is 20th December, so the end is in sight at least, if a way off yet. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you lots of success! Hope these jobs will lead to more in the future. Looking forward to your posts when you finally get a chance to relax - and to make it up to the adorable Truffle, who looks like she is saying "Pay attention to me or the flex gets it".

Jillie

Vanessa said...

Hi Jillie,

Thanks for your good wishes! Both jobs are from people I have worked for in the past, but my connection with one agency is more historic than the other, so it is good to be back on their radar.

I thought Truffle might even have been contemplating self-harm, haha. Would rather think it is just the radio that might get it in the neck. Though ideally neither. ;)

Ingeborg said...

Good luck with the projects! It certaimly looks like you could do with some help from friends locally to get hold of cookies and other stuff before Christmas.Decorting the house can always be done at the last moment.

Once this busy period is over, I am sure Truffle will quickly forget you didn't spend all day with her. After all, she can observe your work, which I understand she does

Anonymous said...

We are extremely busy too in our business, and I am going commando more often than not. I will definitely bear with you! Maybe Truffle is not peeved but actually trying to offer her assistance ;-)

Hamamelis

Vanessa said...

Hi Hamamelis,

Ah, it is good to know I am not the only one who is too busy to wear perfume. Hope your busy phase lasts as long as you wish it to!

And yes, maybe Truffle was trying to be helpful. She certainly has developed a fine line in concerned looks lately. ;)

Vanessa said...

Thanks, Ingeborg! And sorry for the slow reply. I went round to a friend's house (in the next street) for dinner last night, and she quite understood that I had to more or less go straight home again and work some more, which was kind of her. And yes, the tree can definitely wait till later in the month.

Truffle has been trying to observe my work as much as she can, but I have a 'shut door' policy when I am on the phone interviewing. She might disconnect the cable or something. ;)

AustralianPerfumeJunkies said...

Go live V. I'll miss you but be extra excited when you're back.
Portia xx

Vanessa said...

Aw, thanks, Portia! This mad work phase is continuing till mid-Jan in one shape or another, but I am hoping to do a post over the holidays - which I am also partly working. ;) xx