Sunday 5 September 2010

Off On A Bonkers Rail Trip...!

Bonkers about Perfume will be offline for a week or so, as I am going to Germany again on business. Just two main cities on the itinerary this time - Frankfurt and Berlin - so I shall spare my back (still a bit dicky from the 7000+ miles I drove on the last two trips!), and "let the train take the strain". German trains are particularly fast, clean and well appointed.

It goes without saying that I will keep my eyes peeled for interesting perfume emporia, and meanwhile Dansak the micro-elephant (who is sufficiently compact to be my travelling companion) has been sorting out some samples for the week ahead. He suggested three themes:

INDIAN SUMMER (reminds him of home...)

Chanel Eau de Cologne
Chanel Cristalle EDT
EL PC Tuberose Gardenia
Hermes Vanille Galante
FM Lys Mediterranee

SOMETHING A BIT WARM AND FUZZY FOR AN AUTUMNAL NIP IN THE AIR

Prada L'Eau Ambree
Guerlain 180 Ans de Creation
Sonoma Scent Studio Opal
Maison Kurkdjian APOM pour femme
Chanel Eau Premiere

SOMETHING EVEN FUZZIER FOR AN UNSEASONALLY COLD SNAP

Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain
Serge Lutens Chergui

And yes, I know it is only a week, but it is comforting to have so much choice...

Apologies for the lack of accents, but I am against the clock!

Photo of Berlin graffiti from Pbase

4 comments:

lovethescents said...

Have a wonderful and safe journey :-)

Katy Josephine said...

Enjoy yourself and I will look forward to hearing more about your adventures when you return!

Hebe said...

Have a great trip! I look forward to hearing how the samples work out.

Vanessa said...

Thanks, guys - it was pretty gruelling in fact, but I got the job done. And just about remembered to wear perfume! More on that front in the next post...